Sunday, December 5, 2010

Just Listen Review :)

Just Listen is one of my new favorite books. It was a refreshing taste of story verses the usual vampire, wizard tale. It really opened my eyes up to new perspectives because it had a different view on the love scene that I usually would. It actually helped me make a decision and help myself get a clear concept of what was going on with my life. Of course I had asked other people's opinions but they were always the same. When I read this it helped me see a different view on things. Also, it threw in different elements to make the storyline interesting. It was completely unpredictable. First, there were social problems, then boys got thrown into it, next came flashbacks, after that came meeting someone unexpectedly, then eating disorders played in, it was all happening at unpredicted times.
This book teaches a few lessons like; there is always a bright side to every dark situation. Whitney became anorexic, but that caused her to move home, learn new things, and establish a new bond with her sisters that she never had before. When Emily went through the same thing Annabel did with Will and Sophie, she spoke up and helped Annabel to, too. That was a major turning point with Annabel. If Emily never experienced what Annabel did, then Annabel wouldn't have gotten the chance to speak up and finally clear her conscious of her dilemma. Then, Annabel and Owen had a major fight, but because of that they grew closer in the time they weren't talking. My mom always said: Absence makes the heart grow fonder. This book really helped me learn different aspects of the varying situations, and to look at the problem from multiple angles.
I feel that this novel really did live up to its expectations for me because I had no expectations for this book. I thought it was going to be some boring same-old-same-old love story where the girls a guy and they get together then break up. No, it was absolutely captivating, and wonderful. It sucked me in the moment I started reading it. I think that every teenage girl who is looking for answers and reading my review should go and pick up Just Listen because it helpled me learn alot. Plus, it's real. It may not be a biography on somebody but he story line in this book can happen to anyone. It helps you get a fresh perspective and advice. So, since you finished reading this, what are you waiting for? Pick up that book and happy reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment