Friday, December 3, 2010

Spaek was a very fun, touching, interesting, page turner novel. I enjoyed reading it, Laurie Halse Anderson [author] did a marvelous job, taking the time to really think about what she wrot and it payed off. As much as I like this book, there are a few things Laurie left unanswaered. One thing she did resolve was who ''IT'' was, and what led up to him becoming a big event in this story.

The awkward relationship between Melinda's parents was never resolved, for example. Neither was the relationship between Mel and David. I like the authors style of writing this novel, its different and you never see it. The way sections of the book are divided, I thought it was unique, like how there not quite chapters, but there divided into little sections. It makes me feel real smart when I reach the next section of the book, because the sections are so small, it takes ashort period of time to reach the next section.

I like the fact that this book was less than 200 pages, I've never been someone who likes to read 300, 400 page books, making Speak the perfect length. Speak is a relatable book to people all over the world, and thats what makes this book so realistic and awesome. I definately would read other novels by the same author of this book. It also shows we can overcome anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment