Sunday, December 5, 2010

Novel Review for "Prom"

Ashley is a regular teen who just wants to finish school. She isn’t involved and doesn’t care for anything the school has to offer. When the prom money is stolen by a teacher the prom committee needs help. Ashley’s best friend is the head of it and gets Ashley to come to the meeting. After Ashley opens her mouth and opinions at the gathering she finds herself on the committee. The big question is will the committee and her be able to keep from canceling the prom?

Prom was a great novel. I was lured to keep reading and I didn’t want to put the book down. It was an unusual story that wouldn’t come up often in real life, if at all. It gives a real view on what prom is, what it takes to put on one, and what it means to most of the seniors. I began to imagine my prom and what I want it to be like. You see how one teen can change her life for good and want something out of life, from before where she didn’t care much for anything.

I wish there would have been more drama that isn’t typical in real life. All the drama that took place seemed too general and I would have liked to see something I didn’t expect.

I would have liked to see a huge fight during the prom between Gilroy and Ash about past events as well as present. The causes of the hate hate relationship with Gilroy and Ashley so the readers could understand more clearly. Maybe TJ and her could argue and give us their real status of relationship. Even when the math teacher stole the money there could have been more detail of her trying to get away without getting caught. It seemed too basic and more depth within the conflicts could have helped and interested me more.

The book falls a bit short of what I wanted. I expected more from it through the description I read on the front cover. I could easily understand he book and language used. I just wish I had more interest at the end. The end didn’t get me in the mode of shock, wowed, or surprised. I thought I would find myself blown away by the resolution, which I wasn’t.

This book would be recommended for girl teens who want entertainment, fairytale in present day, and isn’t in the action-packed kind of novel. It will help you discover what you want to do with your life and how it should be spent. Also help you get into the prom mood and imagine what your prom will be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment